Trails provides all sleeping materials (sleeping bag, pillow), raincoats, boots/shoes, long underwear, fleece sweaters, quick-dry pants. All other items are available to sign out.
|Item||Weekends||Summer (1,2)||Trip (3,4)|
|Long Pants (not jeans or cotton)||1||2||1|
|Warm sweater/ fleece/thermal||1||1||1|
|Long underwear *Trails provides||1||1||1|
|Socks (2 non-cotton)||2||6||4|
|Rain Coat & Pants *Trails provides||1||1||1|
|Wet Shoe (sturdy hiking shoe)||0||1||1|
|Dry Shoe/Running Shoe *no open toe||1||1||1|
|Wash Kit (toothbrush/paste, feminine products, brush, shampoo)||1||1||1|
|Water bottle, watch, flashlight, sunglasses, book|
|*Deodorant must be non-fragrant|
No Cotton: Cotton retains moisture, loses insulating qualities and weighs more when wet. Check the clothing tag to ensure it is made of wool, acrylic, polyester, fleece or polypropylene.
Medication: All prescription medications must be sent in original containers and be labeled with the drug name, dosage and participant’s name. All medications will be held and distributed by Trails staff.
Non-negotiable (do not bring):
- Electronic devices (cell phone, tablet, gaming device, hair straightener, etc.)
- Items that cause safety concerns (knife, lighter, illicit substance, etc.)
- Make-up, hair products, cologne/body sprays
- Personal food (snacks, gum, drinks, etc.)
- Personal bedding (blankets, pillows, sheets, sleeping bags, stuffed animals, etc.)
*If brought these items will be collected and held by staff until the participant is driven back to the city at the end of the sessionDOWNLOAD PACKING LIST